Helensburgh Scout Group is run by 100% volunteer effort. From leaders to group committee, we rely on every day parents just like you to do what we do.
A one off joining fee of $65 is charged. This covers fees charged to us by the Scouts Australia head office as well as badges, scarf and handbook.
In 2018 the fee per term is set at $75.00 for the first child in a family. Reduced fees are available for families with more than 1 child member.
Leaders are eligible for additional discounts. Contact us for more information.
NSW Active Kids rebate
Scouts NSW is an approved provider of the Active Kids rebate. Click here for more information.
As Scouting is largely an outdoors based program from time to time there will be overnight camps, hikes, bowling and the like added to the program. The cost of these activities are additional to the regular membership fees but we do our best to keep these costs to a minimum.
Time Commitment - Youth Members
Youth members should be prepared to
- attend the weekly meeting for around 2 hours
- attend occasional weekend activities including but not limited to camping, hiking, abseiling, biking
Time Commitment - Adults / Parents / Support
Parental assistance during meetings is always welcome. Even if you can only help occasionally please take the time to follow this link and complete the steps.
- Meets once a month
- Makes decisions regarding administration of group, hall and funds
- Same as for youth members plus
- Additional time for planning and preparation
- Monthly district leaders meetings
- General administrative and learning